Tuesday 15 January 2013

Another day in paradise!

Day 2 and I'm still an inpatient, and still on my fluids while they flush out the initial tumour break down ( to avoid tumourlysis ).

It's been another nice day and I haven't felt too roughy at all? Again the only thing I can compare it too is waking up after drinking a lot the night before and having a dodgy tummy and feeling a bit tired? I assume that's a hangover feeling anyway, as I'm lucky enough to not get many of them!

I woke up, took my 20 steroid tablets, 5 others and followed that down with some rice crispies and the chewiest piece of toast I've ever had! Note to self...... Skip the toast tomorrow!

With a full tummy and a pair of dozey eyes I settled down with day time tv and a little complementary therapist appeared for me! She has been trying to track me down since the research nurse had contacted her to explain my irrational fear of bloods from my ACF ( elbow crease ) and cannulas! I wish if kept my mouth shut!!

I then lay in my 4 bed bay full of visitors and patients while the therapist ran her hands over my aura to relax my veins and channel my energy?!?!? Very sweet and nice thought but I had to try hard not to giggle! After this I was lay down with my eyes shut while she did some relaxation and breathing techniques with me followed by a foot massage! Was very nice but felt a bit of a Plonker in front of a room full of people. Especially when my 'fear' just makes me a moody cow and Rick gets his ears chewed off the night/morning before. At the time of stabbing I'm a big brave girl!

Next I tucked into my lunch of gammon and wedges, not exactly the light lunch I thought I would be forcing down but while my steroid induced body wanted it i had to oblige! Was yummy and had ice cream to follow!

Finally for some company. Rick came and we had a walk to get a Starbucks ( on site ) and bumped into Bill Roach ( Ken Barlow from Corrie ). Luckily for rick I didn't demand a pic and embarrass him to much!! We had an hour sat in the conservatory and tiredness hit me like a brick, could have happily curled up and slept there for a bit but we came back so I could beat Rick at card games instead! We watched the sun set from my bed and then my time was up. In out busy lives that's classed as a full on proper date! Bonus!!

Tea time; sweet and sour chicken and trifle followed by a few hours slob on the bed with entertainment from mum and David . I walked them out and jumped straight back into bed for supper and now it's bed time!

It's before 11 and lights are off! So I'm off to bed. Wow just realised I've got the end of my days blog and not mentioned blood needles or cannulas, ( directly! ). My original cannula is still going strong even though it throbs at times! The phlebotomist went in my ACF which I had covered with Emla that was fine, and a nice nurse kindly used a butterfly in my hand tonight. I may be getting brave. Ok so I'm not getting brave but I can see an end...... Tomorrow afternoon and no one will stab me for 10 days how amazing is that!! Its the small things that make the difference

Nighty night xxxx

Pic is sunset from my bed today

1 comment:

  1. Nicola you are amazing - you say you are not brave for having a fear of cannulas yet you are facing this situation with such an amazing attitude when a lot of people would just crumble. I think you are the bravest person I have ever had the pleasure to meet!

    ReplyDelete