Friday 2 August 2013

Bone marrow number 2

As the title suggests I had my second bone marrow yesterday. I wasn't sure if having previous experience made it better or worse!?! I'm still not quite sure!

I was having the procedure by a different team than last time and had decoded I may as well give sedation a go. Once there I was convinced not to bother and to just have gas and air.

It wasn't the pain I was worried out I was more concerned I would say 'ouch' or pull a stupid face! Silly I know because I know that doesn't matter but stupidly did to me! So my plan was get Into a position where I could cling onto the bars of the bed tuck head in and brace myself!

The first time I didn't expect the pain intensity down my leg and all i remember is gurning this stupid face at Rick! He assures me that people do much worse and scream and wriggle around the bed but I was determined not to do the ' face'! . Knowing what was coming I was able to put on my poker face and instead I I clung onto the bars and wiggled my fingers and eventually it was all over and really wasn't that bad. As with all things the thinking about it is so much worse and I had made sure I was billed before and hasn't even thought about it.

I loved my gas and air this time. Again first time I thought it would make me feel sick like it did in labour so I didn't use enough where as this time I well and truly used ( maybe over used! ) it and it was good! You just lie on the bed with the room spinning and feel like your floating, almost worth the procedure just for that!

If this one is negative I won't need another one with this treatment plan so fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping everything crossed you won't need another one xxx

    ReplyDelete