Wednesday 31 July 2013

Entertainment during my hospital stay

During my last lot of treatment I spent most of my time at home rather than hospital and was never sick. This time is going to be very different and I'm guaranteed to be feeling 'proper poorly' and being sick, tired and sorry for myself. So I'm making plans on what I can do to entertain myself.

I've got lots of books and my kindle il take although I'm not sure what Concentration I will have. I have decided to make the most of all the time I have and do something useful! I want to do crafty things so I've got myself a cross stitch for Madeline's zoom and I've decided I want to sew! I want to learn how to make little gifts and see some clothes for Madeline. Who knows I may be a natural and be clothing all the kids in Manchester!
So if you have any old fabric you aren't using or happen to pass any pretty bits and pieces I could make things from i would appreciate it lots! ( not that I'm being cheeky or anything; ok I am! But chocolate and grapes won't be appreciated as much! )

I started a diary for Madeline when she was a baby that I've never kept on top of as much I want to to I want to print out lots of pics and put them in and get upto date, that will pass hours and hours of even weeks as I'm so far behind!

Any other ideas to keep me busy would be greatly received! I don't want to be sat doing nothing till 2014 but I may have limited capabilities!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't tried it, but apparently knitting is good?! Will you have a tv/dvd player? I'm thinking movie marathons/tv boxsets might help to pass the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting is a great way to not only relax (well unless like me you spend half your time attempting to retrieve dropped stitches!) but also can become quite compulsive, which is not a bad thing when you'll have so much time on your hands :-)

    Oooh, how about getting some simple (to start with) cross stitch patterns to do? Maybe you could start doing them to give to Maddie as a "Mummy's thinking of you" present?

    The great thing about both these activities is that you can do as little or lots as and when you feel up to it, and thee is always a nice end result too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was knackered when I was in hospital and the drugs made it hard to read. So I downloaded a bunch of podcasts and audio booka, which were a lifesaver. Oh, films and full TV series too x

    ReplyDelete