Tuesday 6 August 2013

High on steroids

I'm high on steroids, it's 5 am and I'm lay wide awake while the other 8 things in my house sleep soundly!

Been taking 10 tablets ( 50mg ) prednisalone for over 2 weeks now to stop the side effects of the disease eg tiredness and breathlessness. They really are he most amazing drugs I have ever had, EVER.

I have never done so much in such a short period of time! Every day lasts forever as up at 7 and can't go bed till 1 am Ish and even then lucky to sleep inbetween those hours. You have so much motivation and drive! Today alone I've made some baby toys ( sewn ), read half a book, visited work and friends, done food shop, out for lunch, DIY at a friends house, phone calls and paper work, popped to few shops for bits I need for my admission on Monday and took computer to be fixed. I wouldn't normally get all that done in a week! House is all freshly painted and actually tidy most of the time??

The down side to steroids is you can't 'come down'. You close your eyes to rest and it feels like you have just had 6 cups of coffee hit your blood stream. Also can make you moody ( although Rick wouldn't dare point that out! ). They make you feel like your blood sugars are low ALL the time so have to eat constantly. My face is trying to turn into a 'moon face' too, not the best look out there.

Despite the downside I do enjoy my little time on steroids and if I wasn't on them I would really struggle. Two weeks ago just getting up to answer the door left me out of breath and needing a nap!

Only on these till Sunday then I will double dose for 5 days to help me through chemo and then wean me off and my productivity levels may crash for a while! Must do a final coat of paint on the front door before then!

Well the sun is up and I don't think il be going back to sleep, up shortly for my PET scan. Mmmmmmmm but what to do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment